Tired of the same old salad? Because greens are so healthy and full of nutrients, it’s a good idea to eat them as often as possible, preferably daily. To make them taste better during the cold time of the year, I like combining them with roasted vegetables.
You can prepare this recipe with a variety of root veggies such as beets and carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, etc. Mix it up to keep it interesting!
- 1 lb butternut squash cubed
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 1/2 lb red bell peppers chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lb mix greens, spinach or kale
1. Veggie Mix: Combine butternut squash, brussel sprouts, red bell peppers, salt, black pepper, dried oregano and olive oil into a mixing bowl. Mix and spread on baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
2. Dressing: In a blender combine avocado, lime juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and blend until smooth.
3. Divide greens onto 6 plates, top greens the roasted mixed veggies and add the dressing.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 50 min