Dr. Ben loves sharing his homemade muffin creations with the staff and patients at True Wellness. He is sure it will be a crowd pleaser! Let us know what you think of this gluten and dairy-free muffin recipe!
- 6 ripe bananas – mashed with a fork
- 1 egg
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup almond or rice milk 2 cups white rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup pure chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1 tsp Xanthem gum
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix first five ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend for one minute.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. When thoroughly mixed, add wet ingredients to dry and hand mix well. Ladle the batter into 6 large muffin tins, filling to the top.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until muffins are firm to the touch. Cool and serve.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 30 min