This is such an amazingly cozy soup, loaded with wilted baby spinach and beans. And to top it off, I threw in some freshly squeezed lemon juice for that refreshing hit of goodness.
- 2 cups organic, low sodium white beans (cannellini), canned or home-cooked
- 1-2 cups organic, low sodium red kidney beans, canned or home-cooked
- 1 cup organic, low sodium garbanzo beans (chickpeas), canned or home-cooked
- 4 cups fresh spinach washed, drained, and chopped or 10-oz. package of frozen chopped spinach
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients and simmer about 30 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Serve in a bowl and add juice from ½ squeezed lemon for zest and freshness!
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 40 min | Source: Metagenics Clear Change Program