Baked apples satisfy a weeknight craving for something warm and sweet, but also a great option for an easy dinner party dessert. Any leftover apples make a fantastic breakfast the next day.
- 5 large apples – Fuji or Honeycrisp work well
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or nutmeg or allspice or a combination of
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground chia seeds
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond
- 2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Slice the apples roughly into large pieces. Combine the apples, spices, ground flaxseeds, ground chia seeds, oats, almond extract, vanilla extract, non-diary milk, and water in the baking dish and use a spatula to lightly stir.
4. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring once half way through.
5. Serve hot with an extra splash of non-dairy milk or a sprinkle of dried coconut, if desired.
Serves 5 | Prep Time: 45 min