This salad has been a hit time and time again with the EMPOWER U Lifestyle Medicine & Weight Loss Program. Everyone loves it because it’s a totally different way to enjoy a salad and it keeps well for leftovers.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 medium apples, sliced thin with skin on
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler
- ½ cup raisins (sulfite free)
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp Apples Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard (any type)
- 1 tsp cinnamon or Cloves (ground)
- ½ tsp sea salt
1. Combine all salad ingredient in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar, seal with a tight-fitting lid and shake until combined. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to cover and let it marinate for 30 min.
2. Throw the mixture on top of two cups of greens, and add a side of protein to make a complete meal.
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Source: Apples & Avocados, Anne MacDonald – Holistic Nutritionist for EMPOWER U Program Lifestyle Medicine and Weight Loss Program by Dr. K